BBC I player not available outside UK.....

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

I ran out of time trying to sort out portable satellite system for half term break, but as main site we were staying at (Carnac, southern Brittany) had relatively cheap internet - 10 euro for 24 hours - I thought I could keep up to date with news etc.... via the BBC I player service.

Well, it appears that this service is only available within the UK. I did manage to get internet radio which was fine but was disappointed with the BBC........

Guest JudgeMental
Randonneur - 2008-06-01 11:54 AM

They did say a while ago that it would be some time before BBC I Player was available outside UK.

Now you tell me! lol :-D

JudgeMental - 2008-06-01 11:47 AM

I ran out of time trying to sort out portable satellite system for half term break, but as main site we were staying at (Carnac, southern Brittany) had relatively cheap internet - 10 euro for 24 hours - I thought I could keep up to date with news etc.... via the BBC I player service.

Well, it appears that this service is only available within the UK. I did manage to get internet radio which was fine but was disappointed with the BBC........

Hi Eddie

The BBC iPlayer works on IP address, so if accessing from an Internet cafe in France etc it deffo won't work.

We have managed to get this working on our tracvision in France but it is damn expensive when streaming.

Not sure about the Proxy thing, as not sure if the host IP is still part of the TCP/IP packet following proxy. If not, you would still require a UK IP to proxy through and someone has to pay for your usage. And this all depends upon the internet cafe giving you access to change the permissions.

Jamie

Archived