Quick question about Manchester site

kevandali

Hi All

Me and the better half are due to stay at the Palace Hotel on Oxford Street in Manchester on a Saturday night but want to book a campsite near to the hotel so we can meander down to South Wales for a few days from the Sunday onwards.

Does anyone know of a campsite in Manchester that is close to the centre, or failing that, any secure parking for just one night.

As always, any help much appreciated

Kevandali

none actually in manchester and most parking areas have heightbarriers. I believe that it is supposed to be easy to use public transport from Burrs country park to and from manchester, wether this isthe metro tramsystem iam not sure. Burrs c.p. is a cc site so if you are a member check them out on the web.

The Country Park is easily accessible, situated just north of Bury town centre and is handy for trips into Manchester with the tramlink in Bury Centre.

Burrs country park caravan site

Caravan Club Site

Burrs

Bury

BL8 1DA

England

Found this for you , hope it helps, have read alot of good things about the place.

Mandy

Hi stayed there last year nice site, steam trains sometimes run along the back on the old line.

Its about a mile from the site to the bus stop mostly uphill :-( or you can walk into Bury in about 40 mins.

Once in Bury the metro runs from the bus station, takes about 30 mins. from memory to get into Manchester.

Olley

Burrs Country Park is brilliant. Trams run early till late from Bury into Manchester but buses back to the site from Bury finish about 18.00. So if you travel later than this get a taxi from Bury to the site. The walk from the site to Bury is OK in the day but not the safest area after the buses have finished.

Thanks for all the info folks, still looking for somewhere a bit nearer but the Burrs Country Park is looking good.

Only other alternative is to find a friendly mancunian with a big driveway, cheers again for all the help.

Kevandali

Got sorted with the secure parking for the motorhome in Manchester.

There is a car park that is just off Oxford Street, right next to the hotel we will be staying in.

It is secure and costs £25 for parking all day and overnight, will post the address and sat nav co ordinates later on, just in case it will be handy for others.

It has a height barrier but if you ring 01612731210 before arrival they will let you in by another entrance.

Cheers

Kevandali

Glad you've found somewhere. I live in Manchester and if I had a drive I'd have let you use it. I live in a cul de sac which is usually full to the brim with cars but had been trying to think of places for you. Handy to know about that city centre car park.

Have a good night out in Manchester! :-)

Liz

Cheers liz, I am sure we will have a great night out. Thought I would finish this posting by giving out the sat nav co-ordinates of the car park.

They are N 53.47398 W 2.239256 which is an alternative entrance to the car park with no height barrier.

Thanks for all the previous advice.

Kevandali :-)

Archived