Elddis Autoquest 320 starter problems

JennyG

We have had the above on a K reg for the last seven yars and love it to bits apart from the inherent problem of it being a 'reluctant starter'.

Sometimes it fires up first time and other times we will have to turn the key up to a dozen times though it had never let us down completely until yesterday when we had to resort to the AA who diagnosed (as we guessed) a stuck starter motor and resorted to a low tech bump start to get it going.

We had a new starter motor 2 years ago to no avail and in the last three months have had another one which failed on its return journey from being fitted and the present one which failed us yesterday. We are baffled.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with either the Elddis or any other make?

We would be so grateful if any one could throw any light at all on this long standig problem

• 5 years later...
I agree, I hd to change the engine on a fiat ducato last year and thought the starter motor had failed. I put a new one in and had the same problem. It sounded like the battery was flat. It turned out to be the earth strap. I rebolted it onto a different engine bolt and it worked a treat. Also with the Autoquest 320 1.9td it has a choke and is a little more tricky to start. Have you looked into changing or testing the glow plugs?

Archived