LIDL satelite dish

mike 202

Maplins also do a nice boxed kit at about the same price. Problem with these is that the aerial has to be fixed on site so it won't move (in wind), its view of the heavens is not interrupted by trees, and then it has to be oriented manually.

All entirely possible, but a bit of a hassle for just one or two night's stay.

Mel E

====

mike 202 - 2008-06-03 12:26 PM

Hi just seen an advert for a LIDL satelite kit at around £70. Has anyone out there bought one and are they any good for us Motothome travellers.

Excellent piece of kit. Will get all main channels, except C5, as far south as French/Spanish border.

Includes a brilliant 'sat finder' both audio and visual so no need to buy anything extra.

Good bit of kit if and when you get it working, but I agree with MelE its a pain to set up on site and IMO not worth the hassle (not that interested in TV) got better things to do. However if you can be bothered it gives a very good picture and we have picked up as far south as the Med with no problems.

If I can ever get a good price on a through the roof manual dish, e.g. Globesat then I might bother to put it back in the van.

Bas

So far as I know, its the same as the Maplin set I bought 2 years ago, usually around £60/70. It is excellent, although set up the first time can be a bit of a trial as the instructions are a bit basic. It gets all free to air british channels plus hundreds of european ones, but Not Sky encrypted ones. No more difficult to set up than any other satelite system, but you do need something to mount the dish on. Well worth the money!

Archived