Air con?

sailor girl

Tony Jones - 2008-06-10 11:05 AM

As far as I can tell, my "Webasto" diesel-fired system won't do this. As soon as you switch on, the heater element kicks in too. It can be adjusted for LESS heat, but not for none.

Am I missing somehting here, or have Tony & Martyn got different systems from mine?

Tony J

Tony, yes different set up to yours, ours is a Truma mains/gas heater. Just switch it on with the heating element off et voila cool (ish) air. As I say though, it's only a quick fix but better than nowt.

Martyn

sailor girl - 2008-06-10 9:42 AM

Just a thought, but for air con to work, does the van have to be completely closed up? (Is that a stupid question?) I will be working at a laptop for a fair amount of time, and will probably have to work inside, but I don't want to have to sit in a closed up van in the daytime while it's sunny outside. Is an aircon unit any use if you have windows open?

The idea of AirCon is that all your windows, doors and roof vents have to be closed for it to work. Otherwise all that cool air is going go out through the window (as the saying goes).

Archived