joining national trust

berti

hi everyone

we're thinking of joining the nt

seem to remember someone saying it's cheaper to join in scotland and you can still use in england...does anyone know if it's true/ what is charge in scotland?

also if you are a member do they still charge you for parking?

we have a hymer 694g ...7.5 m ...how do they calculate the charge?

thanks

berti

Certainly you can use your English registration for Scotland so would assume the reverse would apply but you would need to double check. Parking varies, we have a Bessie E795 which is 25 feet and generally we do not pay, but everyone else wants to rob us drivers so why not the NT, not really fair I guess but somehow true.

hELLO THERE, It depends on where you are as to whether they charge for parking. So far, but maybe I have been lucky, there has been no charge for motorhome if there is no charge for the cars around me.

RE the NT, I find it gives me an incentive to get out for the day when possible in order to get my membership fee back !!!! and I hope that I can continue membership as it has saved me quite a lot in the long run. Also the magazine that they send gives GREAT ideas as to where I want to visit in this country. Just been looking at Stackpole Estate in Pembrokeshire which I might have missed had it not been for the mag.

Joy

Reciprocal membership is free as is car parking at all properties for members. Annual fee for Family Membership (2 adults + 2 children or grandchildren under 18) is £72.50 in Scotland and £82 in England, which. of course, has a lot more preperties to visit.

We have found the membership invaluable and passed breakeven point (against paying for individual visits) within a couple of months. There are several properties 'day trippable' for us with lovely gardens and it's great to watch the progress of the gardens thru the year.

Mel E

====

Sometimes they have 12 months for 9 mons subs offer. Only problem is that it is usually in the winter when most facilities are closed.

Up side is that you have a m/home so that may not worry as parking will be easier.

Only thing to watch is that you are caught on a direct debit scheme which takes out the subs (about £75 pa ??) straight out of your bank account next year.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-trust/w-support/w-jointoday.htm and a free pair of binoculars !!

Rgds

Archived