Windows in overcab.

grocer jack

sorry don't know the answer, but I do know that one of my major cribs is that my ventilation windows in the overcab is responsible for terrible draughts round my head at night..... I took to wearing one of the free monkey caps given with PG Tips tea *-) It might be worth thinking do you really want them... Joy

Relatively straightforward in the side walls. But it will cost - the windows ain't cheap and then there's the fitting costs (not a diy job unless you're an experienced coach builder). You'll need windows with fly screens, tho' the aluminium backed insulating screens will be of no use except in winter.

But ask yourself how often you'll have them open - and do you mind being woken by daylight in the early hours? Personally, I'd fit some ducting with an inline computer fan to provide gentle air circulation with very little power drain, and keep the overcab dark at night.

Mel E

====

Guest JudgeMental

I had an extra window fitted in both overcab and in rear bed, basically for light and better ventilation, not sure of cost as it was part of a number of upgrades I had fitted to new van last year....

Just call around a few places and ask. all I know is that it will be cheaper in Europe *-)

Archived