Weighbridge costs

little-jack

Hi All!

Having bought our 1st motorhome this year, I decided, after reading various threads here and elsewhere that I should get it weighed before we went to France, as I didnt have a clue as to how close to the mtplm we were.

I was horrified to be quoted at our local contractor run, council owned weighbridge that the price was £27, and that if I also wanted individual weights for front & back axle this would count as 3 weighs - total fee over £80. I settled for one total weight, but my question - is this the usual average fee, or are we in East Sussex being ripped off as usual?-

Too late to help you now but I wasn't charged here in Banbury at the aggregate works. The operator even refused a "drink" and I had three weights done, front then total and lastly the rear. It maybe worth trying a business that has weighing facilities next time like I did or a scrap yard as they have to weigh vehicles in and out.

Bill Ord

Over priced definately !

To late.

Drive northbound up the A23 turn off at Handcross and IMMEDIATELY bear right into a self service weigh bridge.

Cost is free.

Press the button to set the scale zero (pushed from drivers window height) drive onto scale, wait, till front axle is displayed on the screen, drive until rear axle is on scale, rear weight is shown then the toal weight is shown.

Rgds

Please name this council!  The charge is exhorbitant. 

Don't know where you are in East Sussex, but if you drive East from Lewes towards Ringmer, and then continue on the B2192 towards Halland (i.e. up the Broyle), you will come to Chandler's builder's merchants heavy materials yard.

They have an electronic weighbridge with good accuracy and will give you a printed ticket with each axle weight + total weight for around £7 + VAT (total cost, that is).  I know, because I got one there earlier in the year!  Just give them a ring before you go to check availability, (Brighton area 'phone book).

little-jack,

It would assist everyone if you gave a clue as to where you are and what vehicle, it can be positioned under your name similar to others, it does save everyone keep asking questions and provides you with quicker answers.

Regarding Handcross weighbridge you must be driving north as has been said.

Thanks all, in reply to questions raised, the offending council is Eastbourne, at their transfer station at Mountney Bridge, Westham, run by contractors.

\have now added location to my profile, but havent a clue how to add vehivle details.

Cheers

Archived