Peugeot Recall

ALANSUE

Hi All.

I`m sure that many of you might know that the Peugeot Boxtor is being recalled because of possible problems with water ingress to the ABS system and a problem with the Power Steering.

My Motorhome is a 2007 plate and I took it in Peugeot today for the free of charge work to be carried out - all done and sorted

However, I did mention that the powers steering fluid level had dropped by 15mm and asked them to check this out and top up. Upon inspection it was found that Peugeot had issued a `flash` memo to mechanics to check out any such symptons like this and a fault was found with the steering column and it is going to be replaced under warranty

Just thought I would let you know just in case you have the same type of vehicle as me and may need to get it checked out

Alan

Hi Alan & Sue,

I did post a link awhile ago about the so called COSMETIC ONLY water entry problems, causing underbonnet fires. Perhaps its time to resurrect the story as it relates to the ABS braking system - look at link

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/motors/article574536.ece

I have been looking to replace my 5 year old MH, but will not part with my money on substandard builds - why should I ?

With the price of fuel going through the roof, I sometimes think that Motorhomes will go the same way as the dinosaurs - I really didn't want to say that. :'(

Regards Terry

Archived