Mosquitoes on tour......

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Have noticed a number of mosquitoes in house recently and a lot more over the weekend (we live in London)

can anyone recommend a plug in zapper, as I think I will buy 2 for the house, that can be taken away in camper as well......

a 12v model would be handy, have had no luck finding one

Hi Eddie,

I usually give the MH a good spray of mossey killer, then get out of the MH for an hour while it does its job. I haven't found a good mossey preventer yet, even the ultra violet lamps don't seem to work very well, the mosseys bite first before doing a kamikazi dive onto the blue lamp and the firework display.

My daughter is just back from S. France on Saturday, she says don't bother taking the London mosseys with you, they already have enough over there (lol) and they bite better.

Regards Terry

Hi Eddie,

I am in SW France its been very wet here and the forcast is not good, lots of mossies, If its any help we use a raid battery mossie killer it has a fan inside and runs on a LR 20 battery and it lasts for 45 days befor having to replace the element inside I bought ours here in France, the supermarkets have lots in stock we also take jungle formula with us (from boots) to spray our arms and exposed bits when walking. Good luck

Regards Geoff

Hi John P,

No it was not me at futurescope have not been there yet but want to do so may be later in the year, its a long way from my base here so maybe on my way back to the IOM in October There are quite a few motor homes on the IOM and I come across them now and again in France

Regards Geoff.

I use a 230v mossie killer in the van, the type that uses tablets on a heater. I run it from the invertor. I know that not everybody has an invertor but at around £15 for the 150 watt types it seems to me that the ability to charge batteries etc at that price makes them invaluable. My own invertor is a 300 watt from Maplins, cost £20 the 600 watt invertors are usually £40 in their sale which seems to be a bi-annual event.

Bill Ord

Guest JudgeMental

Lidl "offers" for next week include a plug in 230v mosquito zapper at 7.99, IMO near enough half the price of anywhere else... plus citronella candles and net door kit's etc.....

Guest JudgeMental
JudgeMental - 2008-06-12 2:00 PM

Lidl "offers" for next week include a plug in 230v mosquito zapper at 7.99, IMO near enough half the price of anywhere else... plus citronella candles and net door kit's etc.....

Mmm.......the Lidl zapper is only 4 watts, so maybe not that great?

Archived