Any export restrictions ?

malc d

I've checked the DEFRA website and there don't appear to be any restrictions on taking dairy products to the continent at the moment.

As I'm off there next week - has anyone who crossed recently had any problems ?

(Having had food confiscated in the past I just thought I'd check - you can't always rely on websites).

Thanks

michele - 2008-06-11 3:14 PM

malc,

take no notice of me but we have never even been asked re food even when they board us . I wouldnt worry about it they have bigger fish to fry one hopes :D

Michele

We once had some cheese / meat etc taken by the French customs.

The annoying part was that we didn't see them 'bin' it. They piled it neatly on the kerb.

I've often wondered where it went after that ???

Hi malc d

We crossed on 17 May and returned on 3 June with no checks or problems - in fact we didn't even show our passports on the way back, just waived straight through!

In the past, even when we have been stopped and had the vehicle checked, we have never had any problems with dairy produce or anything else going or coming back.

I do believe that the restrictions were quite stringent during the Foot and Mouth problems though.

Have a great time and if they do nab your cheese don't worry - there's plenty more in France!!

David

malc d - 2008-06-11 2:00 PM

I've checked the DEFRA website and there don't appear to be any restrictions on taking dairy products to the continent at the moment.

As I'm off there next week - has anyone who crossed recently had any problems ?

(Having had food confiscated in the past I just thought I'd check - you can't always rely on websites).

Thanks

Hi,

There some restrictions for importing certain foods into Norway.

FOODSTUFFS & MEDICENES

Up to 10kg of meat, meat products, cheese and foodstuffs can be imported into Norway from EU countries.

Visitors may only take in medicine for their own personal use with a covering letter from a doctor stating their need.

These laws has been in place for many years. We've never been stopped going into Norway and checked for foodstuffs.

I think it's well worth knowing just in case you do get stopped.

Don

Archived