Overnight at City Europe

kelly58

We will be arriving in Calais in the early hours doe's anyone know if it is still ok to park overnight at City Europe bus park near police station ,we have parked there during the day time but not overnight.otherwise we will have to park at the ferry terminal parking area.

Guest JudgeMental
catinou - 2008-06-12 12:18 PM

Hi,

We could use a place like this over the weekend - do you mean the car park space where coaches and motorhomes park for shopping at Cite Europe? *-)

is this the rough gravel space at rear of complex on corner?

Have parked their during the day if its the one....

JudgeMental - 2008-06-12 1:29 PM

catinou - 2008-06-12 12:18 PM

Hi,

We could use a place like this over the weekend - do you mean the car park space where coaches and motorhomes park for shopping at Cite Europe? *-)

is this the rough gravel space at rear of complex on corner?

Have parked their during the day if its the one....

We park underneath the Gendarmerie windows on the side opposite the car park where the entrance to Carrefour is. I think it sayn"Porte de Holland". The coaches usually park up there as well and it is a tarmac area. I suppose it depends which way you get into Cite Europe but we come from the road that has the Hotels on it at the small roundabout with the underground petrol station to the right.

If you have a look at Google Earth the GPS co-ordinates are:

50 deg 55' 53.90" N

1 deg 48' 41.57" E

It is the Boulevard de Kent and it is on the opposite side to the Bowling Alley.

Hope that helps.

Sylvia

kelly,

We were there last week where M/Homes can park has changed again .

You used to be able to park under the cops window with the coaches.

Then it got changed to oposite in the horrible gravel car park .Now its changed again it is on the same side as the original one under the cops window but you have to drive on past and park where it is directing you just further down ...Is this making sense probably not knowing me.

Anyway you will see the signs for M/Homes basically you are 4 rows down from the police /courts windows..

Whlst there a lady was walking round and telling others who had incorectly parked to move down to where we were . Actually much closer for getting back with the old trolley as you are now literally oposite the city Eurpoe double doors for shopping .

Have a nice time.

Hi M

We parked in the area marked for motorhomes a couple of weeks ago opp city E but this was only whilst we went to get our wine from carrefoure ther were about 15 m/homes there but they were also shopping we left at 6pm for the ferry but this time we will be there about midnight and did not know if it would be closed because I noticed a chain fixed to the entry post. K

Ah I see oh 8-)

ok try this on the way into the tunnel book in huts on the right is a dog /vet thing we have slept there the night it was ok not to bad at all no one moved us off . large enough to take a few M/homes .As long as you leave in the morning I dont think its a problem.

Probably some do gooder will tell me off now . :DOOps I see Colin has alread suggested it !!! Well it worked for us

Oh dear just had a thought you will be stuck facing back towards BLIGHTEY you dont want that now do you :D

Ok why do you not want to go further is it because you have been driving a long time and tired ?or cause its late at nightime ?

For the past 10 years or so when using (and sometimes not using) the Tunnel we have parked on the Eurotunnel waiting/overspill area adjacent to Cité Europe

In the early days you could park up on a grass area and toilets/waste disposal were provided.

Sadly, over the years these facilities have disappeared, but we still use the area.

There is a 24hr (Shell?) station at one end with a small coffee bar/shop and toilets which you can still use.

There is also a "borne" outside and parking for 2-3 motorhomes, but I have never seen these in use (except by lorries).

Never had any problems, but would advise parking as far away from the tarmac area as possible because coaches and lorries may come and go during the night.

Personally I steer clear of Calais itself - lots of break ins during the day, never mind overnight! If I arrive in the early hours I always find a space on the very first aire on the free autoroute towards Boulogne. Can be very windy, usually wet but a good place to walk the dog and quiet too. Lots of other motorhomes and caravans too, mostly English or Belgian.

We avoid staying in Calais. There is a lovely green field in Wissant. No facilities but nice and quiet and near a beach to walk and relax.

50 53 19 91 N / 1 40 15 13 E on Google.

A few minutes off the autoroute but worth it too us.

Archived