plough lane

Brian Peters

Brian Peters - 2008-06-12 1:16 PM

Im off to Plough lane caravan site next week (16th/june), has any one been to this site and if so what was your opinion? I believe there is no shop as such on site but a super market NEAR by? is this within walking distance.

Many thanks in advance.

Brian.

If it's Plough Lane, Nr Chippenham, then I haven't stopped there,so can't comment about the site, but their website looks impressive.

Regarding a nearby supermarket, tom tom shows a Morrisons, approx 0.7m from the site.

Enjoy your break,

Mike Hol.

We stopped there a couple of times and found it to be very clean and tidy and a bit 'structured'.  I think the owner used to be a nursaryman or landscape gardener or something.  I think they also won 'loo of the year' a few years ago.

There is indeed a Morrisons close by but not really in walking distance, particularly if you are going to be restocking your wine rack ;-)

Our overriding impression of the site was VERY neat and tidy and a lot more expensive than it needed to be.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for reply, ive just returned from site and was pleased with the site in general but as you say, it is a tad exspensive for a full service pitch as the site only has a reception and a lovely toilet block. i found to my cost that morrisons is a bit far to get to on shanksys pony. my legs will testify to that.

brian

Archived