autotrail 635 chey water tank cap

sunbeam

Three years ago my husband left the cap by the filling tap on a site in France. We went back minutes later but it had gone. Not surprised really as we ordered a replacement from Marquis and it cost £31! Since then it has been chained to the van.

I have since found it better to contact Auto-Trail direct (as you can see I have the same model as you) as they supply parts much quicker than any dealer.

I don't know the answer to that one as I never lock it - I have enough trouble getting it undone anyway. But, presumably the lock on the one taken was open anyway. I still think £31 was extortionate - it was only the cap after all.

You could try phoning the shop on (England) 01925 764802. Even though they sell different van types to mine, they have been very helpful at obtaining things for me.... with postage added it might just STILL be cheaper for you. Joy

I think the Fiamma water cap is a different design to standard, as the ones I have sen come complete with a replacement filler backplate which has to be fitted first.

My local dealer were able to supply a standard filler cao for about £9, plus £3. 50 for a new lock.

Hi all sorry for the delay in replying to all of you as i was of for a day or two yes Jack i think your right my cap is wasser and i dont think Fimma are the same but i left emails with Autotrail, fiamma, caravan shop on Thursday but have had no replys as yet so thank you all for your help Yours on the road Edgar

When I lost a water filler cap for my AutoTrail Cheyenne a couple of years ago CAK supplied one at less than 25% of the price quoted to me by AutoTrail.

It's probably a standard filler cap - give CAK a call (I was fortunate as CAK is only a few miles from where I live - but I have always found them helpful).

Give them a call.

Archived