Calais Docks - Parking

alan

Hi All

We need your help again please :-D

We'll be arriving in Calais at one/two'ish in the morning and would like to get our heads down for 3-4 hours before we start driving. I seem to remember somebody saying about parking on the docks but I don't know Calais docks that well. I googled satelite maps and can identify the ferry berth and the E15 on Gare Terminal East. Can anybody help - where to park? I've got to tell you all - we're off for about 11 weeks in France and Italy - can't wait! Thanks for all your help.

Alan

Guest JudgeMental

11 weeks, you lucky things!

I normally advise to use the "search" function but it still seems to be playing up. someone will be along soon with directions :-D

we always head down to le Touquet and stay on one of the Aires there. It is more peaceful and nicer to wake up in.........

Hi Alan

To park on the Docks in Calais: The parking is in the departure (Terminal Building) car park. As you leave arrivals follow the exit signs, as you drive alongside the wire fence the parking is over on your left, but to get there you keep going to the roundabout, go round it and take the exit to departures. I hope this helps, Have a good holiday.

Regards

Marcob

PS. Do'nt turn into the depature booths area.

When you see the parking area to your left, if you keep going you will not end up at roundabout but on the dual carriageway and have to turn back at next slip roads/junction. look out for the turning right just as the one way carraigeways in terminal area becomes 2 way again. Look at my link above for map - it makes it very clear.

Hi Alan,

If you should miss the docks parking (at 2am!) then an alternative to Calais Port and Plague is the Yatch Basin on Boulevard de la Resistance.

If you type Boulevard de la Resistance,Calais into Google Maps it will bring up a street map for you. We stayed overnight here last year. It was very quiet.

On Boulevard de la Resistance, at the roundabout turn right (1st exit) into a huge parking area by the marina/yacht basin.

Regards Cattwg

Archived