camos 30cm dome dish

vicwo

I have height problems at home and the larger 40cm dome is too high to go under my port. Has anyone got experience of the smaller 30cm in France. I go down to Avignon area where the Mistral could be a problem with the normal type dish plus the dome can be moved to another van with ease. I know trees are a problem sometimes so i do carry a freestanding one.

Thanks Vicwo

Hello Vicwo,

Just a quick note to let you know that the 30cm CAmos dome will definitely pick up all U.K. channels in Avignon and down to the Med.

You're right about trees. Satellite TV signals are badly affected by trees and no dish will pick up a usable signal if there's a tree between it and the satellite.

RoadProAndy

Guest JudgeMental

I always thought the further south you go the bigger dish you need.

You just need to stow it away in stormy weather as you do with an awning as well. I severely damaged my awning in a summer storm in Italy last year *-)

Thank you Andy. I dont fancy paying lots of dosh out for a folding dish and in 2 years time have it removed or leave it on the M/H.

Judgemental thanks to you too but i want to be able to pull up on route and watch tele without fuss. My friend down the road has the Camos 40cm and it is a nice bit of kit. Vicwo

Guest JudgeMental

I would think you need either a 40cm Camos or 40cm KVH trackvision dome. Or To be assured good results, a maxiview crankup or auto system with reasonably large dish.

All these still need putting down in bad weather (except dome) I thought all these systems have mounting plates so can be moved to other vehicles?

Archived