Self Install Gaslow

Mrs Bear

We are about to collect our Chausson S3 and are considering installing a Gaslow system into our small gas locker. Our locker will only take a single 15kg canister and are therefore considering installing Gaslow with the filler point inside the locker on the bracket that appears to be available. We are considering installing ourselves as it looks quite simple.

Has anyone installed a similar system? or know where near Colchester we can get one fitted, also any idea of cost?

Thankyou

Regards

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

Installing a couple of Gaslow cylinders is as simple as changing Calor Cylinders. I made up a filler bracket from aluminium sheeting bought from Maplins, if you can buy a pre-made bracket all the better. The bracket can be mounted at top or bottom of locker, mine is mounted on the top.

I have fitted the filler bracket so it can be removed to gain access to the cylinders for any servicing required, such as replacing the regulator, checking the flexible pipework for leaks etc..

I use the standard propane gas regulator around £5 and always carry a spare, just incase of this leeching problem affecting the regulator, mine has been installed for 4/5years and no problems at all so far. I use a manual change over tap for the cylinders.

When the interconnecting flexible pipes and regulators are fitted use a little non setting LPG gas jointing compound, look for it on the Screwfix web site.

Regards Terry

44095242_GasLocker(200x267).jpg.10442b0f29495b80d96aad0d18ca552d.jpg

Archived