German trip

rupert123

Have been home about ten days now after around five weeks in Europe. I posted a question about sites/ aires around the Mosel valley and places to stop on the way to Trier. Had some good replies and we used several of them so many thanks to all who gave their spots to try. We used the aire at Cochem and the site way2go recommended our favourite was one at Cattilion in France, I think was recommended by 'ned'. This is a scruffy little French village with a small aire in brilliant location next to a canal, it even has free electric, water and full waste facilities. Anyone travelling from channel ports to Mosel region a great stop off place. Once again thanks all.

rupert123 - 2008-06-17 6:00 PM

our favourite was one at Cattilion in France...This is a scruffy little French village with a small aire in brilliant location next to a canal, it even has free electric, water and full waste facilities.

Just a little more information on Catillion-sur-Sambre. I think the spot you are referring to Rupert is a new facility. The 'old' aire is on the opposite side of the road, a hundred yards or so further into the town but still on the canal. It is a much larger parking area. We stayed here in late May en route to Italy.

Regards Cattwg :-D

Cattwg - 2008-06-17 6:47 PM

rupert123 - 2008-06-17 6:00 PM

our favourite was one at Cattilion in France...This is a scruffy little French village with a small aire in brilliant location next to a canal, it even has free electric, water and full waste facilities.

Just a little more information on Catillion-sur-Sambre. I think the spot you are referring to Rupert is a new facility. The 'old' aire is on the opposite side of the road, a hundred yards or so further into the town but still on the canal. It is a much larger parking area. We stayed here in late May en route to Italy.

Regards Cattwg :-D

You are correct we went into this one first but is has no facilities I could see, new one is certainly much better

Guest JudgeMental

There is a report on another forum (MHF) of a vandalism attack this month on 4 vans that were staying at Catillon-sur-Sambre. It does not make pretty reading....

Similar to what Mel B encountered in Holland recently *-)

JudgeMental - 2008-06-19 3:07 PM

There is a report on another forum (MHF) of a vandalism attack this month on 4 vans that were staying at Catillon-sur-Sambre. It does not make pretty reading....

Similar to what Mel B encountered in Holland recently *-)

Yes I have read that and agree it does not, however when I was their on a Saturday evening two lots of people in late teens came sat by canal eating pizza and drinking beer, both lots took all rubbish away with them and bothered no one. Problems can always occure in these places, which is why I use campsites most of time. However it would not stop me using this site again as apart from a little road noise it is a nice spot and hopefully trouble is a rare occurance.

Archived