Campground close to Aachen

sooty10

The Caravan Club's publication 'Caravan Europe 2' lists two sites under Aachen, one of them 1.8km from the City centre. This is Aachen Platz fur Camping, Branderhoferweg 11, 52066 Aachen-Burtscheid. Telephone 0241 60880587. i have never camped in Aachen, preferring Valkenburg which is not so very far away, but it is a very beautiful city. Hope you enjoy.

Peter

In addition to the sites listed under Aachen, in the Caravan Club Europe 2 sites book, there is one at Vaals, just across the border in the Netherlands. This is virtually joined to Aachen, and is recommended for the area.

We stopped there overnight, about a couple of years ago and found it ok.

Mike Hol.

Hi,

When we visit Aachen we always stay on the Stelplatz on Branderhofer Weg, its around 10/12 euro per night which includes electric hookup water and waste disposal the pictches are marked out and there is a shower together with toilet facilities which are normally very clean albeit there is only one shower cubical.

Every morning they open a small hut which sells bread etc plus breakfast items, you need to check the times as it dosen't open for very long and its worth getting there early as the bread etc goes evry quickly.

You can walk into the main town in approximatly 15/20 mins or you can catch a bus.

If you are thinking of using it, its proberbly worth getting there as early as you can because its a very good facility and it gets well used ?

The Lat/Long positions are 50.76111, 6.10306 or that is what i have it listed as in my diary, it is well sign posted when you reach Aachen

Hope that helps if you want any further information please ask.

There are Stelplatzs all over Germany which are worth using ?

Archived