air in taps

Brian Peters

hi, ive just started to have problems with air in my water supply, my van is a burstner 710 with the water tank on board under the seat, the pump is a whale submersible type pump. the problem seems to happen when i have not used the taps or shower for a few hours, when i go to use them i get water spluttering out with air in the system?

i have checked that the pump is not drawing air it even happens with a full tank, ive also had a look for any leaks in the pipework but have found none.

after "bleeding" the system via all taps and shower it seems to right itself?

could the pump be captivating or on its way out, would a faulty pump put air into my system?

many thanks

Brian

My burstner is similar, a submersible pump cannot produce air, it may be that the water is returng to the lowest point(the tank) sucking in air at a higher level, then when you run the tap it blows out air first, just a thought.

Hi Brian, is the air in H & C or just hot? My old Holdsworth Ranger way back, internal tank under the settee I used to get air in the hot tank it was caused by a leak in the feed hose on top of the water heater, did not show up easily as the dripping water ran down into the drip-tray under the hot tank, but air got in while water was getting out. Just a thought and something for you to look at. Constant heating and cooling made the end of the hose hard so no seal under the jubily clip.

This could be a fault with the "Non return valve". Normally this is easy to remove and check. I'm not sure where it is located on a Burstner, but on our Knaus, it is in the flexible pipework, near to the Truma boiler.

Mike Hol.

Archived