Tracker

Don Madge

Guest JudgeMental
Don Madge - 2008-06-24 12:08 PM

I understand some tracker companies seem to go out of business very quickly. Don

Maybe the RAC if that's the case

Hi everyone

Maybe a bit late in posting this but i thought i would try and help anyways.

Tracker

Is surely the best tracking system in the U.K by far, as it uses RF technology in their devices and can be pinpointed precisely using these waves without the need for GPS aerials. And being waterproof... well enough said really

I have personally fitted hundreds of these over the years but because of the lack of european countries covered i dont offer it for the motorhome industry. But if your friend is staying in the U.K then i would go for this system.

Phantom.

This device on the other hand use the components (GPS/GSM) to track your vehicle throughout most if not all of europe.

A phone call will be made to you if the vehicle goes missing (proactive)

But just like the tracstar, park this vehicle outside a roaming gsm area and cover it over and it will hard to find. (worst case scenario really)

I would say this though about Phantom as i believe it is very important indeed.

Try not to go Phantom directly if you have to as their labour charge for a install/callout is very low (my point of view here). And i beleive this will have impact on you because the local fitter will be tempted to put it in a very easy place due to pressures of other work commitments etc...

Personally Phantom have a good device here and are a good group of peeps to deal with. Sometimes they keep you on the phone longer than you want (maybe something to do with the 0845 number)

Tracstar

Works with GSM/GPS technology this unit works in the same kind of way as Phantom.

But in my opinion this unit is far to big to install in a decent hiding place. Im sure im not the only installer to say this.

And getting through to customer service is difficult. This company is to big in my experience.

Cobra ADR

Very well thought out system. I feel this will be the system of choice as soon as word gets out more within the motorhome industry. Maybe a tad expensive but the way it works is trully remarkable.

Credit card size device (that you keep in your pocket or surrounding areas) that communicates with the tracking unit located inside your motorhome.

If motorhome moves more than the required distance then a phone call is made by Cobra to you to confirm.

Good thing about Cobra they actually have main offices in many european

countries which means getting to your vehicle would be much quicker and kept safer.

Which is a good thing in my opinion.

Im sure this system has disadvantages to but i have not come across as yet.

i hope this helps and not to late

Regards

Andy

Archived