romahome r40 review july MMM

handyman

Do they get payed for these reviews........or get a free bottle of whisky or similar

Under 'we disliked', they didnt have 'the price', 40K for that thing, what a joke. i need to say it again..........40 grand! , but its got 3 240v sockets, so thats ok (are they solid gold?)

Handyman ... have you actually seen one 'in the flesh'? We have and it is a seriously nice, very nice, motorhome! Full glassfibre bodywork, moulded lockers etc, etc, the quality is extremely high, compare this to some other motorhomes in the same price range and it is a much more solidly build quality van. I can see it selling very well indeed.

my beef as you put it...........is exactly what i have stated in the first 2 posts..........nothing more, but feel free to make some more stuff up ;)

Is this the only van with a 1 year warranty?

and on a cheaper base van?

and costing 40K?

handyman:

There are plenty of other motorhomes with a 1-year duration conversion warranty, but, as you clearly enjoy poring over MMM test reports, I'll let you browse back through earlier MMM articles rather than identify examples for you.

I've never felt that price needed to be commented on in a motorhome test report as it's plainly stated and, if readers can't afford it or feel it's excessive, then they will just cross that vehicle off their shopping-list.

If the R40 is seen as representing poor value for its £40k asking-price, then it won't sell (motorhome buyers aren't daft!) and, if that happens and Romahome has pinned its future on this model, then the company will go bust. But surely that's the way that markets work? Good luck to Romahome I say for offering a motorhome that is not just another run-of-the-mill marriage between a flimsy caravan and uncouth small lorry.

my sources (well page 27 of the may mmm anyway) tells i that they as sold 17 r40s on one day. times that by 365 me ansums, that, by freds calcs, means a total sale of 6205 per year. now, by denzils reckonin, thats over 55 per centages of the motohome markett in a yer. don leave alot for euromobile, andyman my biddy?

flatulentfred

Try a test drive .

Have a good look.

Does it go backwards up hillbetter than the most popular base vehicle? I think so.

Does water leak into the engine compartment round the scuttle? I dont think so.

All fibreglass caravan type bodies are expensive but they are very strong if you are on the wrong end f an accident!!

my transit goes up a hill and doesnt leak B-)

This is my thinking, its 40K its got a lesser base on it (at least 5K cheaper), so its got to be compaired to a 45K van. Theres some very nice 45K vans about, and i cant see how making a fibreglass bodies justifies the price.

And come on people, you must at least agree that if the fibreglass body is Ooooooo so good, surely it must have a 6 year warranty to show how good it is *-)

handyman - 2008-06-27 7:35 AM

my transit goes up a hill and doesnt leak B-)

This is my thinking, its 40K its got a lesser base on it (at least 5K cheaper), so its got to be compaired to a 45K van. Theres some very nice 45K vans about, and i cant see how making a fibreglass bodies justifies the price.

And come on people, you must at least agree that if the fibreglass body is Ooooooo so good, surely it must have a 6 year warranty to show how good it is *-)

Totally agree about the warranty they obviously have no confidence in their product, incidently my 2008 Fiat goes backwards and does not leak. I note the Fiat judder thing seems to have almost disapeared very few new complaints on forums.

Love my Romahome Dimension, as it happens but my real point in posting is to ask you, Handyman, to tell me what the flippin' 'eck is your personal photo of? Ever since I've been on this group (nearly a year, I've been trying to work it out. It looks like someone doing something sexually bizarre in a kitchen but I'm sure there's some dog's legs in there as well so I'm stymied. I even turned my laptop upside down last week trying to work it out. So please, tell me - it's driving me nuts................

:-D Doug

It as always foxed me , untill I realized its a wide angle close up shot ( for max distortion of a greyhound with a pair of plastic goggles over its eyes. Hey theres nothing in the rules of this forum to say you have to be sane. :D

Guest JudgeMental
snobbyafghan - 2008-06-27 12:48 PM

Love my Romahome Dimension, as it happens but my real point in posting is to ask you, Handyman, to tell me what the flippin' 'eck is your personal photo of? Ever since I've been on this group (nearly a year, I've been trying to work it out. It looks like someone doing something sexually bizarre in a kitchen but I'm sure there's some dog's legs in there as well so I'm stymied. I even turned my laptop upside down last week trying to work it out. So please, tell me - it's driving me nuts................

:-D Doug

I always thought it was a body wrapped up in plastic, probably on a couple of band stands in someones kitchen....

do I get the prize? lol

snobbyafghan - 2008-06-27 8:27 PM

Nope - still can't get it. What's the black patch at the front that looks like a 1940's band-leader's hairstyle...?

Now I've started this, I'm determined to crack it...

Doug

That's the dog's nose! The lens has elongated the dog's muzzle making it look, as Judge said, like some sado-masochist - to me it's someone propped up on some sort of narrow contraption, bound with a black belts with a large condom over his head and shoulders!!!! 8-) Now why, as a dog owner, this sado-masochist thought came to me and not the obvious one that it is greyhound with goggles and ear defenders on I don't know .... :$

Archived