Albufeira (Portugal ) or La Manga (Spain) for winter

Jean  Ray

w1ntersun - 2008-07-02 8:55 AM

Re benicassim,

Its a bit too far north for Jan but is a good site.

We go to alcossebre Play tropicana ( Same coast section ) but not until the end of Feb

Richard

As someone who lives here in Valencia, I would say the winter weather is just as good if not better than further south on the Costa de Sol.

The coast from Vinarós down to Castellón is very popular with winter sun seekers.

The area can be easily reached using non-toll roads, I never travel faster than 90kph and staying in free aires in three days, from Calais/Dunkerque.

hi, we went to La Manga last October (like every-one else in search of sun) the weather was slightly better, but we were bitten alive, we were not to impressed with the site, as some-one else said, parts of it were like shanty town, It was suitable for large units, and they all seemed to meet there there for the winter. the shops were expensive and its not a place we would rush back too. Benicassim is lovely, and site excellent. we also visted La Marina outside Alicante and it is 5 star, with everything you would need or want.

Jean & Ray - 2008-07-01 10:02 AM

Hello Hymer C9,

We go to Portugal towards the end of September. The longest we have stayed is mid January. (But only moved on because 3 or 4 months in one place is enough for us (we like a change after that) November and December are generally the rainy months but we always are able to sit outside in between this rain or go Algarve shopping. There is always somewhere to go or something to do. It is an all year round thing. The Camping & Caravan club rally starts about 10th January and lasts for about 77 days although we don't use the rally.

We know there are some Brits who stay as long as April or May depending on when the weather here picks up here in England. Hope this helps.

Jean & Ray

Thanks for the information, I am following this thread with interest. Carol.

Hello there,

Thanks to all of you that have replied to this thread. Needless to say, we are planning to be in Albufeira once again later in the year. Your comments have been greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jean & Ray

HI All, May i say why go all that way if it is just for the sun!.That is why we go to Bonterra park,big super market outside the gate,town top of the street,sea 300mtrs down the road,wifi/internet cafe on site as well bar/rest on site in door pool,and a price that i think is good.john

Archived