Help installing speakers

paulni

Hi, can anyone help me with installing extra radio speakers in my Peugeot Elddis Autoquest. I bought speakers and thought I could just connect them to the wires already in the overhead lockers in the rear of the m/home. Unfortunately there is no sound!! I have removed the radio but cannot see any spare wires that need connecting in to the radio. Has anyone done this and if so what do I need to look for?

Paul

The rear speaker cables terminate in the wardrobe,when you remove the plastic corner trim in the wardrobe you will see the speaker wire they finish in a plastic block connector.

This is how far I have got I have installed rear speakers found this terminal block still need to wire up to radio,I feel finding a new connector to mate with the one in the wardrobe might be a problem so I will remove this and twist new speaker wire and then solder and insulate.

I have a picture of this block somewhere if I find it I will post.

HTH :-D

Hi gordonbrown, yes I found the wires eventually in the wardrobe. Have you noticed on the radio that there are wires wired into the terminal for rear speakers, thats why I thought there might be wires looming about somewhere to connect onto the speaker wires? Or are they for the front dash speakers?

What model have you got?

Paul

p.s. I tried to post a picture of my mudflaps for you to see but it wouldn't let me as the pic was too large! I'll try to get another one. They stayed on ok on our holiday to France. Only problem was, with the van fully loaded they tended to scrape the ground going round roundabouts.

Archived