Touring the USA

I've just been reading an article by David Berry in July's MMM Pg 203. He mentions a"book" titled "A Cute Little RV" published on a CD and sold through Amazon and e-Bay, outlining a trip involving the shipping of his MH to Florida

We have just started to research a similar trip and I've looked on Amazon but it appears that the title and author are not listed. I find e-Bay much too daunting and complicated to use.

Has anyone any idea where I might locate a copy? Thanks in anticipation.

Tony, I've just donated 10 mins of my valuable time, (yeh right), trying to locate this item for you and for once I've been beaten.

At the moment my best suggestion would be your local library.

I suspect both E-Bay and Amazon haven't got it onto their websites yet, despite there being plenty of links to Davis Berry. Good luck.

Martyn

I know it's not what you asked, SM, but we toured USA some years ago and did it by buying an RV in Florida and eventually selling it in California. Sure we lost some money on the deal but not as much as we'd have spent renting a vehicle or, I suspect, shipping our own van out. I guess it depends on your van, how long you plan to stay etc, etc.

Nowadays we have it a bit easier as my sister and her husband in California have a rather nice Southwind coach class which they are happy to lend us (or join us)!

:-D

fred grant - 2008-07-04 7:29 PM

scuse me for being a thick cornishman me ansums, but don it give contact details for berrys books at the bottom of page 204. or as your magazines bin throo the mincer my biddies?

f

I didn't look Fred, (and still haven't), I just went straight to the google

Martyn

el-d - 2008-07-04 10:16 AM

I know it's not what you asked, SM, but we toured USA some years ago and did it by buying an RV in Florida and eventually selling it in California. Sure we lost some money on the deal but not as much as we'd have spent renting a vehicle or, I suspect, shipping our own van out. I guess it depends on your van, how long you plan to stay etc, etc.

:-D

That's interesting - how did you manage to register it in Florida without a drivers license or some sort of residency?

That's interesting - how did you manage to register it in Florida without a drivers license or some sort of residency?

I was going to take a US driving test but the good lady at the DMV said I could only have a Florida licence (not an all-states licence) unless I surrendered my UK licence, which I didn't want to do. I suppose I could have said I'd lost it and applied for a new one on returning to the UK but I didn't fancy that.

Anyway, it didn't seem to make any difference and I just drove on my UK licence. My Florida friend's insurance broker fixed me up with a deal to pay by instalments then just stop paying when I'd sold the van in California. He said it didn't affect the premium, having a UK licence, so there wasn't much point in going through all the hassle of the US test.

The dealer fixed up temporary tags and I arranged to have the permanent tags sent by Fedex overnight to a friend in Minneapolis where I planned to be by the time the temps ran out.

So, not altogether straightforward but it all worked out ok and we had a fantastic trip!

Archived