Self Energy EG20

cookie

Has anyone any feedback on the Self Energy EG20. We are looking at one of these, or an Efoy fuel cell. I understand the options of carrying methanol for the fuel cell as opposed to using our existing LPG for the EG20, and I understand (from a salesman!) that the EG20 reacts and charges a lot quicker than an Efoy. I would appreciate comments from anyone who knows about these things.

Hi cookie

we have the efoy 1600. One nice bit of kit(,No i'm not a salesman) Noise wise, well we do,nt know when it kicks in, charging wise, we use tv, sky, lights, loads of water (the pump) blown air heating ect. Never does the battery drop and always have plenty of reserve battery. At present the efoy is in france being fitted to our new MH. wires all being hidden and some mods to under seat locker to except the efoy and 10ltr container. Safety wise cars may all run on methanol, so i'm sure its pretty safe. Certainly the same as lpg and petrol. Economy wise i purchased 8x 10ltr containers and all ican say is i'm glad it has a long shelf life.

Archived