Fiat cab seats

Guest peter

Guest peter

The cab seats in my 1999 Ducato are rubbish. The squab is way too short and it seems to tilts forward. As we're going to Austria for 3 weeks in September I'm looking for some more comfortable alternatives. Does anyone know of any others that would fit?. I've heard that peugeot car ones fit, but which ones?. Or any others that are O.K.

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on these fancy Captains seats.

Any help will be appreciated. Peter

Hi ya peter, i will reply but probably not with the answer your looking for.

There have been similar enquiries before on this subject, I have even tried myself posting the same thing.

There are some peugot seats that fit, but I can not remember the model. I have however not come accross anyone that has carried out this conversion.

There is a company that offer retro seats and very nice ones they are to. They bolt straight on but cost around £290 +

I have thought about it but believe the cost outweighed the benefits.

in answer to your second post, No I aint happy, so if you find something let me know.

peter - 2008-07-07 10:59 PM

97 views and not 1 reply. Is everybody happy with the crappy seats in Fiat vans?.

No, I think they just want you to suffer!!! >:-) :D ;-)

Seriously though, would it be possible to make up some sort of seat extender and put a piece of foam on it which has been made to the shape you need? As long as it was securely anchored to the seat in some way so that it didn't slip out in an accident/in general use then it might be at least a temporary fix until you can find something better, and you might even find that the temporary fix it okay and keep it anyway.

I'm sure a man of your intellect and ability could 'manufacture' something! :->

Guest peter
fred grant - 2008-07-08 7:01 PM

try tiltin yer seat backwards with the lever me ansum, that usually works.

fulcrumfred

The squab doesn't tilt me 'ansum. Only the back.

Archived