Fiamma awning support arm

chas

Hi- The support arm on my roll out awning catches the top of the habitation door, unless the front legs are raised to such a degree that the awning is nearly level on the projection out. This would cause problems in rain, and also make fitting a privacy room difficult. The arms on the 45i are about 6" in from each side and was wondering if anyone had moved them outwards by releasing the bolts to make them slide towards the end. Would not like to alter the settings to find that it may cause major problems on winding in. By moving the arm over the door by about 4" would clear the door top. Anyone done such a modification, or would it cause problems on winding in.

Many thanks for any help. chas :-S

I also have this problem and it's a pain. Am considering making up some aluminium mounting brackets to raise the awning. This could also probably be achieved by using the original mounts and drilling two more mounting holes lower down on the bracket. This would raise the bracket and still use the holes bored through the van wall. What does Dave think?

Hi John, you could move the brackets upwards but I'd be loathe to redrill the brackets lower down as this will put more tension on the bolts. Extended brackets to raise the awning up would work but I think you'll need to add a secondary attachment point towards the top of the new bracket. awnings are pretty heavy and the fixing doesn't want to be too near the bottom or the awning will tend to peel away from the van at the top.

D.

Archived