low exhaust on 2008 Starburst

franki

Hi Franki here, we have recently had our new Starburst 2008 and very pleased with her. We are off to Spain in her on Thursday, we have noticed how low the exhaust is and we are worried incase we have probs!!has anyone experienced the same problem. Its just a little worrying if we go onto a site and it starts to scrape along whether we pitch.We have also sold our house and until we find somewhere to live our lovely Pearl is our home!!!

Hi Franki, We have a 2007 Starburst and I believe our exhaust is probably lower than yours as I noticed that the exhaust extension has been modified since we bought ours. They are also fitting a revised, single bolt clamp, rather than the two-bolt saddle clamp. We have had the occasional foul and we are currently waiting for our dealer to get us the latest parts for fitment. Be particularly careful when you board or disembark from ferries. Take it slow over the ramps. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours!

Happy travels,

Colin Weston

Thanks Colin, this is our first trip abroad in our new motor home. In fact we only collected her this month, and in between we sold our house so at the moment in time we only have our motor home for UK. We do have a home in Spain but the amount of miles we are about to do we were a little concerned. Hope you get yours sorted soon. We will be careful boarding the ferry tomorrow. Thanks again

Happy motoring

Franki and Sandi

Hi Franki,

My exhaust was also to low and was scraping on kerbs in France mine is ducatto based 2.2 if your exhaust is the same then its easy to rectify just loosen the "U" bolt nuts on the tail pipe and raise it so that it just clears the sill under the drivers door, it raises the end of the pipe by a couple of inches problem solved have a good trip.

Regards Geoff

Archived