Belgian Aires

Guest JudgeMental

Aparently not Judge?

We've only stayed at the updated one in Brugge.  However, I do have an 'Aires-Belgium' POI if you'd like a copy?  It contains 84 entries including this :-

[PN] 9900 EEKLO Jachthaven 12 pl. 24h EP, EU, K7, 220v 3€, 51.1784N, 3.5491E

W2G

Hi Eddie,

Yes we've stayed on the Eeklo aire's three or four times now, I think it was around 3 or 4 euros per night, and there is electric hook ups if wanted for a few euros more. If you need water, get it before parking up, the fresh water tap and chemical emptying is at the end of the private road past the hardstandings, which are on the right as you past through the always open gate. If you park about halfway up the pitching area, opposite the little retail park which is over the canal and roadway, you may find wireless internet will be available from one of the offices, the connection was so good that we were able to phone home (like ET) using Skype.

Regards Terry

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks Terry! this aire is 10 minutes from our Belgian dealer so will stay there tomorrow night, as a quick visit is necessary first thing Friday to replace a non functioning outside light. then its on to Italy.....

The reason I asked is there was persistent reports of vandalism at another Belgian aire nearby

W2G The Eeklo aire appears on my GPS so maybe I already have this file, but you have sent so much info I have lost track lol We now have over 100.000 POI

Way2Go - 2008-07-16 7:04 AM

Aparently not Judge?

We've only stayed at the updated one in Brugge.  However, I do have an 'Aires-Belgium' POI if you'd like a copy?  It contains 84 entries including this :-

W2G

Hi way2go, would it be possible for me to have a copy of the belguim aires please ?pete

JudgeMental - 2008-07-16 11:56 AM

The reason I asked is there was persistent reports of vandalism at another Belgian aire nearby

Have never heard of any vandalism in Belgium - but it can probably rear its ugly head anywhere. I would think you should be pretty safe there, the chappie that collects the money, is on site in a High Top camper. He often will park in a MH space and move out to allow a visitor to park when they are busy or full. He also allows overnight parking in front of the parking bays and the small car park in front of the portacabin just beyond the hardstandings - responds well to a bottle of cold beer and a smile if you are stuck for overnighting ;-)

Hey Eddie seems a long way to go to change a light bulb :-o - Anyway have a good trip. Sorry about your Wisper - but there are always plenty of bargains about.

Regards Terry

breakaleg - 2008-07-16 1:31 PM
Way2Go - 2008-07-16 7:04 AM

Aparently not Judge?

W2G

Hi way2go, would it be possible for me to have a copy of the belguim aires please ? pete

Happy to but you'll need to PM me your email address.

Hi

Do you still have info on Belgium Aires

As we are going there in sept viv Dunkergue an wil want to stop just over the french border overnight then on to Ostend then to Brugges, and perhaps Brussel if we have time.

So if you have please could you email details.

Many Thanks

Nod.

don@galaxysat.co.uk

Archived