Roller blind/fly screen repair/replacement

Guest Ikrainian

Guest Ikrainian

Hi All

One of the blinds on our Mclouis is getting the worse for wear. The webbing that acts as a fly screen is getting worn making it difficult to retract..........we are off into Europe again in a couple of weeks and need to be able to open the window but also keep the flys out.......you get the idea! I've emailed the dealers but they can't see fit to answer so they won't be getting my hard earned.Does anybody know of a place that repairs them or where i can buy new...I have looked on the internet but to no avail, apart from a few odd ones on ebay that are the wrong size........can anybody help? :->

If they are Seitz blinds then leisurespares.co.uk are the people to go to. I found them very helpful and the goods get there the next day.

When you dismantle the blind just take your time and you will find the job quite easy. It may be worth getting a few extra screw cap covers from Leisure Spares as they can be a pig to remove.

Ikrainian:

Motorhome window-blinds are normally made by Remis or Seitz and a GOOGLE-search of UK websites using "Remis blinds" or "Seitz blinds" will identify plenty of potential suppliers of complete blinds/spare parts.

It needs highlighting that the manufacturer of an interior-blind unit may differ from that of the window itself (eg. my Hobby has Polyplastic-made windows, but the interior-blind units are Remis-made). I've no idea whether this is true for McLouis (and it can vary from model to model), but it's something to be aware of.

Guest Ikrainian

Thanks all for the input and time, in answer to Joys question i am in Huddersfield. I will have a look at the sites mentioned and see what i can find out. Now i know what they are called it will help greatly. Thanks again and i will update you as and when i have some info.....Regards Ivan :->

Ivan hi

If you are struggling, I had a similar problem with the mechanism with mine-I am in Grange Moor so if you drop me a mail, you can come and see if they are the same as mine and if so I can tell you exactly what you want and where to get them from

regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ikrainian
Sorry for the delay..............i decided to bite the bullet and pull the blind in bits, i trimmed off the damaged edges, tensioned the springs and Bob's your uncle. The blind is a bit narrower but it would take a good man to spot it.....Thanks again

Archived