To the Edtor MMM. Airing dirty linen

pkc

Dear Sir/Madam.

May I through the pages of you excellent magazine, bring to your readers attention a revolutionary motorhome washing system I have invented ?

The ACME Turbowash machine requires no other source of energy other than that provided by the characteristics of the latest motorhome base vehicle.

The machine works as follows.

Rainwater running from the windscreen over the hot engine is collected in the washer drum, which is flexibly mounted on the gearbox/clutch housing.

To agitate the washing the vehicle is reversed up a fairly steep incline for approximately one hundred meters, should the clothes be heavily soiled, i.e. Oil, fag ash muddy boot marks, or printers ink, this procedure can be repeated once the clutch has cooled.

The clothes are then removed from the machine and placed in a pile, A mobile phone (set to vibrate) is placed on the top of the washing after first dialling the Help/Complaint line of the base vehicle manufacturer, this should generate more than enough SPIN to dry the clothes.

Thanking you in anticipation. PKC. >:-)

That is a wonderful invention which will obviously go far in the motorhome. You do not mention any price - obviously for such a wonderful invention this will be beyond the pockets of most of us on this forum since our money has to go on diesel, but we could go without food and water in order to purchase this contraption.... it sounds a much cheaper washing machine than a man.

Excellent, excellent.

And there was me thinking how lucky we were to have the 5 speed, 2.2 100 JTD Sevel base van without the judder. Now I wish we'd opted for the 120 or 160 model so we could make use of your fantastic invention! Tell me, can you do a 'modified' version ..............?

Hymer C 9. - 2008-07-20 5:25 PM

panagah - 2008-07-20 12:45 PM

bizzare :-D

Just had a read of your blog, sounds as if you are really enjoying your motorhome, great life - good blog. Carol.

Thankyou, everyone should have one.

Hi Mrs Sea.

Thank you for your interest in the ACME Turbowash, unfortunately until more power is wrung from the 2.2 engine I cannot supply one for your vehicle.

At the moment I am working on PUGwash model for the French market, and the ironing attachment for TROON so I am a little pressed for time.

Regards PKC. ;-)

Archived