Childs seat belts

freds boss

Thank you for your unhelpful tirades. I notice that the people who tried to help had smaller older campers like me. To those of you who had a go for the want of a better word. Your manners leave a lot to be desired when you are addressing someone very new to camping.

I will not be joining you in future forums as I prefer pleasant people to talk to.

Vivienne >:-(

I do hope you return to read my response. I have re-read the other posting, and had not realised that the lap belts are in sideways facing seats only.

Regretably these are particuarly unsafe by themselves, and cannot be used for child seats.

All seat belts are designed for forward facing seats only, adults risk pelvic damage using them in sideways facing seats, child seats are not restrained correctly, and will not give any protection.

If you do not have forward facing seats in the back I am afraid the front seat is the only option.

Keep looking on the internet, there are some other UKcampsite forums, but unfourtunately as with life, no matter where you are there are people you like, and others you don't.

I hope you enjoy motorcaravaning, and can resolve the problem you have.

mikey72 - 2008-07-22 9:30 PM

I hope you enjoy motorcaravaning, and can resolve the problem you have.

I can only echo this comment Vivienne...............

In defence of this forum I can only say that it is not usual for members to gratuitously offend other members - unlike a certain forum I first joined some years ago that not only had quite a few 'baiters' but also decided to charge members for the privelege of having to read their comments!

I sincerely hope you can find a suitable solution to the child seat problem and, moreimportantly, can start to enjoy your motorhome in the way it is intended.

Regards, David

One of the posters on the other thread did suggest contacting people like Britax which I think would be a good idea.

If that draws a blank you might try contacting a company called Unwins down in Somerset or there-abouts. Their speciality is making restraints for wheel-chair users but they may have some suggestions for helping in your situation. They are very knowledeable both about the mechnics of seat-belts and about the law surrounding them.

Good luck

freds boss - 2008-07-22 7:46 PM

Thank you for your unhelpful tirades. I notice that the people who tried to help had smaller older campers like me. To those of you who had a go for the want of a better word. Your manners leave a lot to be desired when you are addressing someone very new to camping.

I will not be joining you in future forums as I prefer pleasant people to talk to.

I have just read through all the posts and don't think that anyone was being unhelpful just straight forward making the point that that this is a major issue re lap belt and 3 point seatbelts.

From your first post it did not appear that there was a problem with you sitting in the back. Have you tried sitting in the back of your motorhome as the ride on these is totally different from being in a car. My Daughter was always sick in the car but not in the motorhome.

I hope that you can resolve your issues and wish you luck in your new venture.

freds boss - 2008-07-22 6:46 PM

Unhelpful tirades? Manners leaving a lot to be desired?

Did I miss something as I cannot find any tirades or poor manners?

I'm not normally as blunt as this but it seems there's just no pleasing some folk. Yes that's as blunt as I can get...

Martyn

LordThornber - 2008-07-23 10:24 AM

Unhelpful tirades? Manners leaving a lot to be desired?

Did I miss something as I cannot find any tirades or poor manners?

I'm not normally as blunt as this but it seems there's just no pleasing some folk. Yes that's as blunt as I can get...

Martyn

Don't worry, if you couldn't find anything I'm sure you've just tried your best to remedy the situation in this post.

Archived