swift/bessacar shower

grub

Hi any body had problems with cracking of the shower tray? I had a small crack on the circular rim out of the main tray just out side the sliding door. not holding water but in a wet area. I have had it plastic welded and you can not notice it but with 2 years left on the warranty wonder if it,s a design fault as you tend to put your foot on it when you,re doing what comes naturally.Any one else had this problem? Happy vanning

I had mine replaced under warranty & I suggest that you do the same.

It will get worse and to replace the shower tray involves taking out the shower room fittings. It's a hell of a job !

When mine was replaced, the company fitted extra reinforcement under the tray and that did away with the flexing...feels so much firmer underfoot.

Shower-tray cracking is a far from uncommon problem with motorhomes and not just confined to the Swift Group. I recall reports of this happening on Knaus models a few years ago.

As bob b says, replacement of the tray can be a real swine, but repairs to cracks are normally very visible and won't enhance the motorhome's re-sale value. And there's the likelihood that any 'cosmetic' repair won't be a successful long term solution.

Archived