French diesel prices

malc d

Got back from France last night. Some one out there might be interested in current diesel prices over there.

Supermarkets were selling at prices around 1.40 euros to 1.45 euros per litre.

Highest prices seen ( on a motorway) was 1.58.

Filling stations other than supermarkets were priced at around 1.54.

Tony

According to the latest rates i've seen on my computer the 'sterling' price over there is around £1.10 at s/markets and £1.21 elsewhere, so it's worth filling up over there if you can get a tankful.

I was buying 40 litres or so at a time so it was worthwhile.

Have a good trip.

Where are you heading for ?

If you are crossing the channel on your hols here is some better news. Diesel prices have dropped a bit here in southwest France 1.37euro per ltr at Intermarche and 136.9 at SuperU today. According to an article in the local French newspaper the law requiring triangle and reflective jackets has been postponed until 1st October.

Bon Voyage

Geoff Cole - 2008-07-25 6:21 PM

If you are crossing the channel on your hols here is some better news. Diesel prices have dropped a bit here in southwest France 1.37euro per ltr at Intermarche and 136.9 at SuperU today. According to an article in the local French newspaper the law requiring triangle and reflective jackets has been postponed until 1st October.

Bon Voyage

I filled up today at an Elf station 1.34 euros a litre .

After which the 5th gear on my Ducato failed, so you see what the Elf gave in one hand the Fiaty took away with the other.

Got stuck for a Toll, they are still outrageeous.

Archived