poi french aires

pagey

i know not again but search not working...i recently loaded french aires poi,s from campingcar infos on my tt1 xl euro problem is there does not seem to be many on it and when i browse i cant see aires that i know exist any ideas what i have done wrong and can i load poi,s from another site on as well. i did back the tt up to my pc when i got it if i have to restore, not that i know how to do it

Mandy&Andy - 2008-07-24 6:38 AM Don't give up hope, way2go is on the horizon,, I can see him coming into land anytime soon :-D Do a search on messages from Way and you should find lots of POI's that you need. Mandy

You guys . . . . . . :-)  :-)

Way2Go - 2008-07-24 6:46 AM

Try the attached (unzip BOTH files)

O.K., Pagey has been sorted out via the PM route but I'm concerned about the in-balance of downloads for the two files which I posted.

Currently the 'Aires_FR_1.rar' file has been downloaded 20 times but the 'Aires_FR_2.rar' file has only been downloaded 8 times!!

The '1' file only contains a single 'Aire de Service-FR.OV2' file and on its own is useless without having a matching .BMP file to show the locations on the map.

The associated .BMP file is contained in the '2' file along with a few other Aire POIs for France.

I had to split it this way to get around the 100k file limit upload.  So far, 12 people are holding an incomplete set and will do until they download the other file.

W2G

Way2Go - 2008-07-25 7:24 AM . . . Currently the 'Aires_FR_1.rar' file has been downloaded 20 times but the 'Aires_FR_2.rar' file has only been downloaded 8 times!!

It's now running at 32 downloads for 'file 1' and 16 downloads for 'file 2' . . . . BIZARRE *-)

Thanks W2G. In Germany at present looking for StellPlatz. I bet you know what is coming next! Any POIs for these. Just downloaded BOTH French aire files but won't be in Fance for another two weeks.

Where would we be without you?

Tof

tof - 2008-07-26 8:38 PM Thanks W2G. In Germany at present looking for StellPlatz. I bet you know what is coming next! Any POIs for these . . Tof

Gutan tag Tof,

Attached are some POIs that may be of interest to you.

The 'Stellplatz_1' and 'Stellplatz_2' files contain the .OV2 (locations) file, the .BMP (map icon) file and an .OGG (voice) file which will announce your arrival in German.  The voice bit is optional but fun.

I've also included a TomTom 'How to' file which explains how to install it and get the voice working.

The 'Camperstop - FR & GER' file are the GPS locations to go with the excellent book by the same name.  They cover France and Germany.

Let me know how you get on, particularly with the Stellplatz voice announcments.

Auf Wiedersehen

W2G

Stellplatz_1.zip

Stellplatz_2.zip

TomTom - Loading the Stellplatz POI.pdf

Camperstop - FR & GER.zip

Archived