Fiat Problems forum thread

Derek Uzzell

It looks like the "Major Fiat/Peueot/Citroen problems" thread is, once again, jammed as far as viewing new postings is concerned.

Rather than extend the thing even further pages-wise, it might be better if the Administrator could be persuaded to edit the thread to remove anything that doesn't directly contribute to the subject (eg. the postings that have been used to 'bump' the thread to maintain its visibility, plus jokey one-liners). This would probably cut its size by a third and provide some useful future breathing space.

Good idea, another way would be to start a new thread titled as per the original but ad the words page 28 onwards, with perhaps a link to the original.

By the way, I have given up on my Fiat/Swift Bolero 08 reg and bought another van.

I am informed by Warners that the original thread is full, so it looks as though a new one is the only answer.

They (Warners) are frightened to death of offering any support to this (i.e making it a sticky') in case somebody puts something actionable on it and they have to carry the can. Understandable to a certain extent.

I get the impression that they aren't willing to edit it for reasons of time and cost. Also that I may rip off the moderators head if he edits out something vital.

I just wish I'd never bought the bloody van now.

Anyway, I'll start a new thread tomorrow which summarises what's been happening with these defective Fiats and Peugeots.

Andy,

I want to take this oppurtunity to thank you for bringing this problem out into the public arena, i am sure it has stopped many people from making an expensive mistake. (it has me) I am now waiting to see what happens for another year. If nothing is done to fix the problem retro-Activly (for existing owners with problems) then I still won't buy one (an X250) and will look to the smaller field of Renault Master conversions.

Thanks Again Andy ! ;-)

If the original Fiat Problems thread has attained its maximum available size and the forum administrators won't (or can't) prune it to regain space, then the thread needs to be 'frozen' ASAP to prevent attempts to add further postings being made.

Whatever Warners' view is about the desirability of having this subject discussed on the Out&About Live forum, it would be plain bad manners on the administrators' part to ignore a 'full' thread and thus encourage forum members to waste their time trying to post additional comments.

Archived