flip down monitor

smmd

I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience and would welcome comments how the problem was rectified.

In 2007 we purchased a swift kontiki which included the vogue pack as standard. During Dec 2007 the flip down monitor for the reversing camera came away from its housing and has since been hanging from the connecting cable. Needless to say the monitor is of little use in this condition. After 7 months of contacting carafit-our local swift dealer, sargents-the company where carafit were trying to get the part, alan kerr -the swift dealer and swift customer care we have been told that this product is no longer available as the manufacturer has gone into liquidation. The replacement that swift are offerring is a monitor and docking station on the dash-we dont know as yet whether this will be the same size as the original monitor. Have contacted trading standards as to this matter and they are investigating. If anyone has had a similar experience and could offer some advice we would be very grateful. Sorry the explanation was rather lengthy!!! thanks smmd

Had no first hand experience so don't know the item, but there are still many 'flip down' type monitors available in the market place (different sizes and functions) so why does it have to be the same make/ supplier? Why do they have to fit a dash mounted one?

Is it because they don't want to bear the cost as they cannot return it to the supplier?

Bas

Hi smmd,

The reversing 7" monitor on my Swift is an Audiomobile. If yours is the same then there are no supplier details in the hand book. My first unit was replaced when I collected the vehicle in 2007 as it had been incorrectly fitted and was broken. The catch that holds the unit to the base is not very strong and broke off recently, and the monitor was dropping down as I was driving,down to France this was most annoying so I made a replacement catch, and it stays closed now. It is possible yours is the same type? is it the catch or the mounting base that has broken? If it cannot be repaired it may be worth contacting other swift dealers to see if the have an original unit in stock, or some thing similar of the same dimensions. Hope you sort it out, if not let me know if I can help further

Regards Geoff

Thanks Geoff

The mounting base has broken at the back, but the clip is intact. There are no visible markings on the monitor to suggest a make or model, and the handbook simply refers to a drop-down monitor. However, it does refer to instructions supplied with the monitor- these were never received. Will let you know on progress with swift and trading standards as we are certainly not accepting a dash model. Thanks again for your advice.

regards

smmd

While I sympathise with your problem, your contract appears to be with the dealer, and swift may be just trying to help you out. I would Accept any reasonable help swift offered, our moniter is on the dash and I find it o/k

as its on roughly the same level as the mirrors.

all the best with your prob.

Archived