Bolero 630PR

janie

Please advise, i am new to this site but heard wonderful reviews of it from the MMM.

We currently have a swift sundance 580PR and are looking to update. We have been looking at the Bolero 630PR but unfortunately we are unable to see one other than in brochures and website. Since the prices are increasing on 1st September by 10% we don't have time to wander around to get to see one and I am worried about spending this amt of money on something which doesn't suit when we collect it.

Does anyone out ther have one? I have a few questions about it that our dealer can't answer e.g where is the step in the floor? Do both seats swivel? What abouot headroom in the area where the floor is higher - husband 5ft 11.

I do hope I receive a reply as we have to act on this in the next wek or so to save us having to pay and extra £4,000

Thanks

janie

janie:

There was a report in June 2007's MMM on a Bolero 630EW and, on that model, both cab-seats swivelled. My Swift advertising leaflet also states that all Boleros have Fiat factory-fitted swivelling cab-seats.

The MMM photos show the step in the floor about half way along the vehicle at the rear ends of the side-settees and the report does mention that, because of the raised floor "headroom is somewhat restricted". No floor-to-ceiling height is provided, but I would guess that a 5' 11" person should normally be OK. However, the PR's interior layout differs from the EW's and, if the floor-step's position remains pretty much unchanged, there may be an adverse impact on the PR's bathroom design.

Personally, I would never consider committing to buying a new motorhome without first taking a good look at what I would be ordering. If you can't find a Bolero 630PR to inspect, then the Ace Airstream 630PR and Bessacarr E520 are badge-engineered alternatives that should allow you to confirm headroom, etc.

(I assume you are aware that all Boleros have Fiat's 2.3litre 130 Multijet motor and 6-speed gearbox. Currently, received wisdom is that, if the well-publicised Fiat 'juddering' problem is likely to occur on any latest model Ducato, it will be on vehicles with this engine/transmission package.)

I agree with all that Derek has said, especially the Fiat problems. Make sure that you drive a 6 speed/130 and reverse it up a steep hill.. Having read the forum on the Fiat, I guess its your choice if you choose Fiat

I bought a Bolero 630PR/fiat130 and had so much trouble that I took it back to the dealer, who was very understanding, and bought another new motorhome on a different base.

You could also contact the Swift owners club on 02392611238 Membership or 08450 924501 Chairman.

In the end and I know it sounds obvious but only you will have to live with your choice

Good luck (lol)

Archived