Spain Lowers Speed Limit

Cattwg

Hi,

I have just lifted this of Yahoo! News.

"MADRID (AFP) - Spain will lower its speed limit outside major cities as part of a string of measures unveiled by the government Tuesday aimed at slashing its oil imports by 10 percent per year.

"Every time we lift our feet off the accelerator, we are improving GDP and employment," Industry Minister Miguel Sebastian told parliament as he outlined the 31 measures. "The era of cheap energy has passed."

The speed limit will be reduced by 20 percent in line with rules already in place in Barcelona, Spain's second-largest city, where it is set at 80 kilometres (50 miles) an hour".

If this actually happens it will make the journey to that the 'winter sun' a lot longer.

Mind it would be interesting to see the locals' reaction.

Cattwg :-D :-S :-D

If this actually happens it will make the journey to that the 'winter sun' a lot longer.

Mind it would be interesting to see the locals' reaction.

Cattwg :-D :-S :-D

I rarely go faster than 80-90 kph in my motorhome. I easily get from home in Valencia to Dunkerque/Calais in three days. I have yet to use a toll road.

If I went much faster, I don't suppose I'd be getting the 28MPG in my 2.8L 146hp, 3400kg, Fiat based motorhome that I've averaged since new.

Archived