Question for elecrical techies ?

w1ntersun

Sorry pressed wrong button Should be electrical

Hi,

I have one 130w solar panel feeding two 115amp batteries.

The batteries feed the sat system and tvs only ( no Habitation ) I run an invertor. This powers a pace digibox ( 240v ) and tv (240v ) in the lounge I also have two 7inch 12v tv monitors above the beds

Question. Why do I get scrolling lines on the tv when run off the invertor but not the mains and no scrolling lines on the 12v monitors. This also occurs at night when the batteries are not being charged.

The invertor is a morepower and it does the same with another invertor I have as in store.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard, the scrolling lines are caused by the inverter giving a quasi sinewave out put rather than a true sinewave. you can get a pure sinewave inverter which will cure the problem but they are quite expensive. The 12Volt screens don't display any scrolling lines because they aren't being powered from the inverter.

D.

I might also add that if you run the TV from 12 volts directly this should as Dave says cure the scrolling lines problem PROVIDING THE INVERTER IS NOT RUNNING TO POWER SOMETHING ELSE.

If the Inverter is running for any other reason there is a good chance that the radiated interferance generated by its rectaugular output waveform will still cause interferance to the TV. This is not guaranteed but its not unusual. Radiated interferance can be minimised by bolting the inverter directly to the vehicle chassis, keeping the incomming DC leads short and direct to the battery and fitting ferrite rings round all incomming and outgoing leads.

Good luck

Clive

Archived