Solar panel

Tricky

Hello, this my fist attempt at a question. I own a Hymer B614 fitted with an EBL 100 transformer/rectifier which has a block connection labled as solar charge regulator. Can I wire a solar panel direct to this connection or must I have a separate regulator? Van registered 01/09/2004. Tricky.

Hi and welcome to the forum. you could connectt your solar panel to the electroblok unit but most solar panel installers would prefer to wire the panel direct to the leisure battery via its own dedicated solar regulator, most decent sized panels come with a regulator anyway.

D.

There is a specific EBL 100 solar panel charge regulator made by Schaudt which should be connected in between this connector and the solar panel. The regulator model LRS1214 can handle up to 14 amps of solar charge current. It uses pulse width modulation techniques and enables the starter and leisure batteries to both be maintained independantly. Allied with this switching regulator is the Schaudt IT 300 display/control panel which gives a continuous indication of solar charging current.

If you want matching kit and the same level of engineering design and quality then this is the safest option.

But many aftermarket alternatives exist if you wire in independantly to the leisure battery.

1821960199_Schaudtoveralllayout.jpg.296a9acb8e3bee6f54af77f4a3b90def.jpg

539354169_Schaudtsolarregulator.jpg.a9fb29e2c9b419288c0e3e18653f6122.jpg

1500832312_Schaudtsolarcontrolanddisplay.jpg.01a41656eafc7b46e0e227420b20e609.jpg

Until last year I owned a Hymer 584 which I fitted with a 60 watt solar panel. This was wired through a regulator straight into the leisure battery.

Using Hymer parts (Schaudt) may cost considerably more.

Archived