Pamplona

Don Madge

We will be in the Pamplona area about late September early October. Is the city worth a visit? We are usually passing close by in January so have never stopped for a visit.

I've googled but can only find info on the Bull Run and we're well past that.

Any info will be appreciated.

Regards

Don

Yes Don, it's well worth a visit.

I spent a night there when I walked the Camino 3 years ago and there's lots to see. Like you I'd always bypassed it in the motorhome, mainly because parking in older Spanish towns is never that easy. But there is good parking in Pamplona within walking distance of the centre.

Walking the Camino also introduced me to some lovely other town centres that I'd always bypassed in the motorhome for the same reasons - Burgos, Leon, and, of course Santiago de Compostela itself, some 500 miles walk from the common French starting point of St Jean Pied de Port.

Mel E

====

Mel E - 2008-07-31 4:34 PM

Yes Don, it's well worth a visit.

I spent a night there when I walked the Camino 3 years ago and there's lots to see. Like you I'd always bypassed it in the motorhome, mainly because parking in older Spanish towns is never that easy. But there is good parking in Pamplona within walking distance of the centre.

Walking the Camino also introduced me to some lovely other town centres that I'd always bypassed in the motorhome for the same reasons - Burgos, Leon, and, of course Santiago de Compostela itself, some 500 miles walk from the common French starting point of St Jean Pied de Port.

Mel E

====

Hi Mel,

Thanks for that.

We will most likely stay at the campsite near the city.

We plan to visit Santiago de Compostela as well.

Don

Archived