Euro - To buy or not to buy?

Hi

Interchange should give about 125.5 for £5000 but you will need a euro account to pay the money into.

If your with Nationwide they give near interbank rate 125.5 ish via any ATM in europe that accepts their card also consider their credit card no charge and near interbank rate great for paying those exorbadent French Tolls

Colin Frier

Afraid I do it the old fashoned way.

I walk into the post office, M n' S. Local Banks and ask how many euros for £500 or how much will €750 will cost me.

Then leg it back to the best rate !!

Last time (believe it or not ) was Nat West.

Rgds

hi charles,

Kidderminster is not the best spot for euros but if visiting London just of Regent St is Maddox St home of www.thomasexchange.co.uk the best deal.

I allways use them for inital currency and the Post Office credit card when abroad,

I use this site to find the best rate

http://www.comparetravelmoney.co.uk/index.asp?gclid=CL3H4ozN1ZMCFQQcHgodzV_zhg

then I go to the local Post Office and see what rate they will offer for over £500 as they are able to do deals though not normally better than the rate they show on their site, though that is normally better than the 'walk in off the street' and take what you are offered rate.

Bas

P.S. Last lot I pre ordered from one of the online dealers, I think it was Crown and that worked out really well as I got a much better rate as I bought in December 07.

Charles Chodkowski - 2008-07-31 5:08 PM

Is now the time to buy euros for my September/October holiday or should I wait?

I f any of us knew the answer to this question we would be better informed than Warren Buffet, George Soros, et al!

A few weeks ago we found that our local Tescos gives the best rate - the lady "in the booth" said she worked for the company that sells to all the others so can shave a cent or two off whatever anybody else is selling for locally - plus you get your Tesco points. :-D

Archived