height barriers at cromer

saruman

hi I used to love to park on the cliff tops at the cromer cardigan car park

but now the council has seen fit to penalise motorhomers by putting a height barrier up although at busy periods when a volantary warden is on duty he lets you in ! talking to a warden he said it was due to a few unwanted guests trying it on such a shame there not a real arternative to this car park on the cardigan road the coach park near morrisons nor really big enough for touring motorhomes i intend to contact the council for a response

email the council here ... cromer.town@tiscali.co.uk

:-(

ray

it was the same in coastal italy and france when i was there. As far as i could see, it was caused by 'normal' motorhomers who were to cheap to go to a campsite. So, its not just caused by gipsys and rave parties.

The one unprotected area we seen in Boit, it was like a motorhome showroom, millions of pounds worth of motorhomes, and no one paying a penny (probably as they're paying off their 40K van (lol) )

In my mind, the 'wildcamping' motorhomers are more to blame for this.

I don`t know about Cromer but they`ve had a lot of problems recently with gypsies in the coach and motorhome park at Hunstanton. They get in on a Friday night and then wait for the court order to be evicted. They know there won`t be one over the weekend so they don`t get moved on until later in the week.

I noticed this the other weekend when we took the grandchildren up from Gorleston to Cromer with a view of them 'letting off steam' on the cliffs and then having a lunch before returning. As we were unable to gain access we relocated to Weybourne beach car park which was stony, pot holed and over priced at 60p per hour. I wrote to N.N.D.C. car parks superintendant suggesting they were discriminating against Motor homes and whilst I agreed that they may have a problem with itinerants they should not associate motor homers with ne'er-do-wells. I suggested that a key to the height barrier be made available at the nearby cafe and that in exchange for a fee the cafe stafff could give us the key to let ourselves in/out.

The reply was basic to say the least and did not satisfactorily answer my questions. One of the comments was that they wanted the car park to be available to all but 'we do not want caravans parking on there!!' I am assured that the policy is 'under review' for next year.

We will have to go Southwold on the future abd park up down on the harbour!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived