Condensation

naturalmat

Hi All

My name is colin I am the production manager for a company called The Natural Mat. We produce made to measure mattresses for boats etc . We had a customer recently who ordered some of our Anti Condesation Mat for his motorhome and suggested that I place this message on this forum. As I am sure you are aware condensation is a significant issue on boats and we provide a rubberised coir pad for placing under the mattress that allows air to circulate.

How it works

Ventilation is the key to solving the damp and condensation that invariably appears under most mattresses. By placing the 15mm rubberised coir pad between your existing mattress and the solid base below, the breathable fibrous structure allows the necessary circulation of fresh air to keep your berth dry. The rubberised spring fibre also acts rather like an air pump. When there is any movement on the mattress above, air is sucked in and circulated thoughout the open structure to keep it constantly dry, prolonging the life of the mattress and the covers.

Our web site is www.airflowsprings.com or you can phone our team in London on 0207 985 0474. I hope this helps give you another option for resolving condensation issues.

Regards

Colin

Motorhomes and boats both suffer the same issues and we know our product works very well in the boat environment. I notice from the link you supplied that people put things under the mattress. Well with our product if you put it under and up the back edge of the mattress if possible this will give extra breathability. Most mattresses on boats fit into a fiddle rail (Raised edge to hold mattress in place) if you dont give the back edge a space for the air to move it can just holds the air underneath so negating the benefit of what ever is placed under. This is explained better on our web site with a diagram.

I hope your readers gain some benefit from my comments.

Colin

Archived