How to fix sky sat dish to rear ladders

wints

Anybody know how to do this. I'm thinking some sort of pole fixed to the roof access ladder (what with ?), and then the sat dish fixed to the pole (again, what with ?). Hopefully the 'very sturdy' connections would still allow for the pole to be fine tuned to the vertical. This would enable parking on slightly uneven ground then levelling the pole, then setting the vertical angle on the sky dish.

Hopefully somebody has already done this, I don't want to re-invent the wheel !

regards

Allen

Hi wints,

I used a 'Uni Mast' I believe made by the Status aerial makers Grade. It comes complete with poles and attachments to clamp to the rear ladder, cost around £20 when I got it (origionally for the standard TV aerial) and seems to be able to support the dish I used. They are available from caravan accessory emporiums so you can look and see first.

Bas

Rowely - hi

Not sure about your comment re magnetic properties. I have used both magnetic and non-magnetic stainless steels of good quality. I understand it is the additional inclusion of nickel ( and sometimes manganese) in the alloy which makes some stainless steels non-magnetic. However the fundamental inclusion of chromium provides the corrosion resistance we need in the exposed motorcaravan environment.

hi i had a multimo dish which was fixed to the handle of a triple painters pole. ( UPSIDE DOWN) when arriving on site all you had to do was clip the pole to 3/4 plumbing clips which were attached to the side of the back ladder raise the pole to what ever height you require ,connect cable ,then stand on the ladder looking through the window,while turning the pole to get your signal, when your happy with the picture ,fit a zip tie at the top job done.

Archived