Abbeville

vicwo

I am looking for a campsite just off the A16 near Abbeville. Its just for a quick overnighter. My friend is following with his caravan so Aires are out.

Nothing too expensive because we will be off next morning first thing.

Thanks friends Vicwo

Mr. Grumpy - 2008-08-09 12:58 PM

Try http://www.campingtilleuls.com/ it is just off the A16

That looks a nice site, duly made a note of. We have stayed here http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/CampingLaValDeTrie.htm which is near Abbeville. Not sure I would return. I am sure during a dry spell it would be nice but in the wet there is a lot of surface water and the pitches get a bit messy.

David

ROND - 2008-08-09 6:05 PM

You can overnight at The Bay De Somme service area, both caravans and motorhomes stop there regularly down the end quite safely, there are always quite a few there and we have done so many times.

have done the same with a caravan and now a m/home in june, never a problem,clean toilets,good shop, baguettes,etc.

ROND - 2008-08-09 6:05 PM

You can overnight at The Bay De Somme service area, both caravans and motorhomes stop there regularly down the end quite safely, there are always quite a few there and we have done so many times.

have done the same with a caravan and now a m/home in june, never a problem,clean toilets,good shop, baguettes,etc.

Hi vicwo

We always used to use the Camping Municipal at Blangy sur Bressle. About 25km past Abbeville on the A28 (Rouen direction). Turn left at the bottom of the slip road on leaving the m'way; and its then less than 1km.

Haven't been for several years but the couple running it used to keep it immaculate, and price was reasonable.

Colin

You can park at the Airport which is just off the A'route north of Abbeville. There is also a motel there and an excellent resataurant.

We have also used the Municipal at Blangy many times and can recommend it.

Mel E

====

We have stayed here http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/CampingLaValDeTrie.htm which is near Abbeville. Not sure I would return. I am sure during a dry spell it would be nice but in the wet there is a lot of surface water and the pitches get a bit messy.

David

You're dead right there, David. We got stuck on this site several years ago, but friendly fellow campers soon helped push us out.

Mike Hol.

La Val de Trie should now have the new section of their site open, it is accross the road from the existing site through the farm entrance and up the new driveway. The piches are 200msq and are on top on reasonably flat ground.At the mo the hedging/trees will not of grown much so the site has a very open feel. This part of the site was due to open in time for the high season and was well on the way to being completed. You could always give them a ring to see if it has opened now. I was there in April/May and had a lovely week of dry weather.

Archived