using lcd tv from leisure battery

harry pickin

i want to use my avtex tv in my 1995 autosleeper amythist from the 12 v socket which is one large and one small pin. Where can i get a plug to fit?

Roadpro do the ampera for safe smoothed 12 volt but the plug is for a cigar

lighter off the vehicle battery. I am new to motorcaravans and would welcome some advice. thanks

Harry.

The Avtex tv is designed to run off mains or 12volt. You shouldn't need an Amperor voltage stabiliser. It is already built into the TV. I run mine on 12volt even when on 240v hook up. The heavy transformer and extra cable is just extra clutter. I know they are not cheap but I think they are currently one of the best dual voltage units on the market. Superb picture and sound quality and well built. Your best bet is to wire in a 12volt lighter type socket which also has an aerial socket. If you locate it as close as possible to where you place your tv you then only need two very short leads from TV to both sockets.

Mike

Hi Harry,

I agree with Mike you won't need the Amperor stablizer with the Avetex TV, but it won't hurt either, just take a little more power from your leisure battery.

Comet have their Avetex look alike Proline 15" LCD TV with built in DVD player on sale at £175 down from £199. If someone out there needs a portable TV, I can recommend it, Digital and analogue Tuner, DVD plays all formats, CD DVD+RW DVD-RW and both R types, MP3 on CD and DVD, although it doesn't have a USB connector and will only receive Digital Radio not FM like the Avetex. Unlike the Avetex you will need the Amperor Stabilizer to use with this LCD TV to give it good longevity.

Link http://tinyurl.com/5p39uu for Comets offer at the moment.

Regards Terry

Hi Bas,

Yes I think you will find it fully compatible, as I do edit my own video from VIDEO_TS (on DVD) & VR format into AVI (on CD) and then back to VIDEO_TS, also VCD2 on CD -R +R and CD/RW both formats play perfectly too. I mostly use Windows Movie Maker on the XP platform, I have used Pinnacal Studio (cut down version supplied with Dazzle), but the program is too slow on a 1.5 Ghz PC, I mean - I could be dead even before its loaded 8-)

I believe some or all the above activities use Xvid and DivX, FFDShow codecs suite are also loaded on the PC, so all the necessary codecs loaded, I take it that during the various conversions, most of these codecs are used.

Anyway all the output files play on the Proline LCD TV when copied over onto the appropriate platters!

Regards Terry

Hi Harry,

Pleased you found the help you required, your replies are just fine.

Just thought of one other thing Harry, the TV still uses power when switched to standby, that is TV off but still connected to the battery by the 12 volt power cable.

Always best to pull out the connector on the wall rather than on the TV, as plugging and unplugging the power cable at the TV end, can eventually damage the power socket in the back of the TV, same advice goes for the aerial socket on the TV.

Regards Terry

Archived