KontiKi 660 55Reg Habitation door lock

sshortcircuit

I can lock and unlock internally. When I leave I can lock the door but cannot unlock it. I have stripped it and well lubricated it and there are no sticking parts. It feels that it wants to work but just will not move.

Has anybody had this problem and how did you fix it.

In addition there are no manufactures name to allow identification which would help. I have photos but not sure how to attach which could be my next problem. If they do not appear advice ill be gratefully received

Does this door have a two point catch system onto the door frame? If so, suggest that you try locking and unlocking the door with the door open.

This will identify whether the fault is in the lock itself or in the catch mechanism between the door and its frame.

What did you use to lubricate the lock?

ssc:

My Hobby has a "HARTAL" entrance door and I've seen exactly the same design of door on some Swift Group models. So it's possible Swift has chosen to use HARTAL products throughout their model ranges.

If you GOOGLE-search UK web-pages using "hartal door" as the search term, you'll find a couple of comments about stiff locks that may, or may not, be relevant.

For what it's worth, the Hartal website is:

http://www.hartal.de

Thanks for the replies.

I can lock the door whether open or closed but cannot unlocked either open or closed.

I used a WD40 type lubricant and all is free enough

I have tried Hartal doors on the web but as yet cant get sufficient detail to identify

I have found the same problem on another forum and the matter was taken up by Swift. I have emailed Swift and am waiting for a reply but the may be on holiday.

The key barrel has a small metal flat section on the end. This enters a tube which is part of the internal door handle. When turned this flat section should come in contact with ridges in this tube to turn the handle. This ridge appears to have worn on the unlock side only and it only needs this part changed.

The previous poster was advised by his MH dealer that it would cost £150.00 for the lock for a piece of plastic costing a few pounds and as I am was not to happy.

It may be possible to introduces a ridge, however I hope Swift will respond before I take any action.

Any further advice will be appreciated

I tried posting on another forum but got very little joy. As indicated previously, within the lock the lever that locks the door from the inside has a barrell with two "V" notches which wear. I have simply super glued a piece of copper wire to the side of each "V". Job done and £150 in the bank. (As an electrician I stripped 2.5mm conductor)

Archived